Thursday, February 27, 2014

Who's Learning More- Them or Me?

I am so excited about the weekly learning logs my students have begun posting to their blogs! Each week, my sixth graders take some time to reflect on the week's assignments and learning experiences. After some discussion and brainstorming, they choose one piece of learning that they feel has impacted them most during the week. I am always amazed to learn about my students in this way. I also find it interesting to read about the different perspectives that various students have on the same lesson. For instance,  Jaden and Julian both wrote about a technique they have been learning in art class, and their posts are  very different. Sometimes I learn that a student's learning was impacted because because of how a lesson connected a hobby or special interest. Often, this teaches me something about a student I might not otherwise learn during the school day. My students have many amazing talents! Another reason I enjoy reading these posts is because I gain a deeper understanding of what my students are learning in their other classes. Last week I read about everything from Roman numerals to rocks! I can't wait to see what I'll read about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment